Lemann Foundation STEM Faculty Travel Grant Program
The Foundation’s STEM Faculty Travel Grant Program with Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, Yale, UIUC, UCLA and MIT offers a unique opportunity for professors from these universities to travel to Brazil to explore, establish, and strengthen connections with top-notch professors, researchers, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows in Brazil. Trips are fully funded and benefit from customized pre-trip planning support as well as on-the-ground assistance in Brazil.
- Identify Research Opportunities: foster academic cooperation with top Brazilian scholars;
- Support Lasting Engagement: build foundations for future collaborative research grants in Brazil;
- Engage Next Generation of Researchers: faculty meet exceptional Brazilian students with high interest in pursuing doctoral, postdoctoral, and visiting programs at Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, Yale, UIUC, UCLA and MIT
- International airfare, domestic flights, hotel accommodations, meal stipend and ground transportation for trips of 3 days. Faculty may extend their stays for vacation or other activities on a self-funded basis;
- Customized trip agenda crafted by Brazilian STEM specialist in coordination with the professor and/or her/his U.S.-based staff;
- On-the-ground support as needed in cities visited during exploratory trip.
- Work in the STEM fields: Aerospace; Biodiversity and bioprotection; Biotechnology; Engineering; Gas and Coal; Health and Biomedical Sciences; Information and Communication Technologies; Marine Sciences; Minerals; Nanotechnology and New Materials; New technologies for constructive engineering; Oil; Pharmaceuticals; Pure and Natural Sciences; Renewable Energy; Sustainable Agriculture; Technology for prevention and mitigation of natural disasters;
- Have a demonstrated interest in receiving graduate student researchers in the foreseeable future.
- March 20, 2015 for trips in April and Jun 2015
- August 07, 2015 for trips between August and December 2015
The Lemann Foundation Faculty Travel Grant Program sponsors faculty trips to Brazil for visits to top Brazilian universities and research centers, and meetings with Brazil faculty, department heads and deans, doctoral students, and postdoctoral researchers. Program objectives include:
FUNDING AND SUPPORT:
As part of the STEM Faculty Travel Grant Program, The Lemann Foundation offers:
The Lemann Foundation selects Program participants based on their potential for establishing long-lasting research cooperation. In particular, applicants should meet the following criteria:
The application process is quite simple. If you are interested, please apply here.
Interested faculty must apply by filling out the short application form here.
DEADLINES AND TIMELINES
Applications must be submitted by the appropriate deadline: